We are in the process of becoming a registered charity. In the meantime, through the gracious friendship and partnership of Vineyard Montreal, you can both give financial resources to us and receive a tax receipt (if you are in Canada) for doing so.
If you would like to give financially:
- Send an Interac e-transfer to: email@example.com - Log into your online or mobile banking app and select the account - Choose or add "firstname.lastname@example.org" - Enter the amount and a security question - Include "West End Abbey" in the memo / notes / message line
At present, we envision our income in the following ways:
- Stipends: for the work (homily preparation, faciliating services, meeting with people etc.) that our leaders do and various expenses incurred in the process.
- Care: for our leaders’ ongoing spiritual direction and formation, as well as facilitating time for rest and vacation.
- Practical things like our Zoom membership, website registration and domain etc.
- Rent: covering the cost of the physical space (the DMSMCA at 823 Ellice Avenue) in which we meet and have our services.
- Needs and Celebrations: attending to and providing for people in our church and those with whom they are associated in various life situations (assistance in medical, financial, housing, crisis situations; supporting experiences of joy in significant life events and promotions etc.).
- Attending to and providing for the needs and concerns of those who are poor and on the margins locally, nationally, and internationally.